We are currently looking for an engineer to add to our core technology team working on the Substance Engine. As such, you will develop new rendering algorithms (procedural noises, 2D filters and effects), port and optimize the current engine implementation on new hardware targets (new GPUs, modern graphics APIs, new CPU SIMD instruction sets), and improve the core mecanism (graph traversal, mutithreading, caching, memory allocation, etc.).
- Developing new features, optimizing and porting on new hardware the texture rendering engines used in Substance Designer and Substance Painter (GPU and CPU on personnal computers, gaming consoles and mobile hardware).
- Adding new features and optimizing in the realtime 3D viewports in our applications
- Adding new features and optimizing the realtime 3D painting and material compositing algorithms in Substance Painter
- Optimizing the more computationally intensive algorithms used in our products
- Good C/C++ Skills
- Experience with GPU APIs (DirectX,OpenGL, and equivalent APIs on console) and shader programming
- Experience with high performance programming (SIMD, multi-threading, data oriented design) and low level optimization
- Strong skills in algorithmics and maths applied to computer graphics
- Good knowledge of modern modeling and rendering techniques
- Knowledge of the tools and production pipelines currently used in the computer games and CGFX industry a plus
- Enginering degree or MS in computer science with a specialisation in computer graphics.