As a solid Lead Software Developper, you will be in charge of the creation and improvement of a future product in the Substance lineup, which is today’s industry standard in 3D texturing for video games, VFX, and animation.
Allegorithmic is the industry leader in 3D texture and material creation technologies. More than 100,000 users in the domains of games and entertainment, animation and VFX, architecture, and design rely on Allegorithmic's award-winning Substance texture and material authoring software for developing the next generation of digital content. Clients include: Activision, Sony Computer Entertainment, Electronic Arts, Ubisoft, Double Negative, Naughty Dog, Foster+Partners, Gensler, Louis Vuitton, Mercedes,etc...
Founded in 2003, Allegorithmic is based in France with offices in Clermont-Ferrand, Lyon and Paris, and has global offices in Los Angeles, Cleveland, Montreal, Seoul and Singapore.
- Design, code, review, test and debug high-end software dedicated to 3D artists
- Collaborate with the product design and product management teams
- Propose technical solutions and innovation as well as improvements to production processes
- Work in a small and autonomous team, with a direct link to other Lead Software Developers and the CTO
- Participate to a highly-collaborative, inspiring creative environment
- Embrace Agile methodologies with full transparency and cooperation, development sprints and frequent releases
- Ten or more years experienced
- PhD in Computer Science or related technical field
- Fluent in C++
- Capable of working within an agile development team
- Knowledge of basic data structures, algorithms and computational complexity
- Experience developing computer graphics related software
- Multi-platform development and packaging experience (Windows / MacOS / Linux)
- Computer graphics APIs experience (preferably OpenGL)
- Ray/path tracing algorithms experience
- Game engine experience (Unreal Engine 4, Unity, etc.)
- Foundation in multi-threading
- Interest in customer requirements analysis
- Interest in improving user experience